Friday, December 18, 2009

Chapter 9 - How To Deal




He pulled a small box with a ribbon from his pocket. I grabbed it and quickly untied the ribbon. I looked at him before I opened it. He was staring at me expectantly. In the box lay a platinum, heart-shaped locket. My breath caught. “Edward, it’s beautiful.” I took it out and held it up so that it shimmered in the light.

“Open it,” he prompted. Inside was a picture of him and me together on one side and an inscription on the other. Love, forever and always.

I started to cry again. “Oh Edward, it’s wonderful. I love it, I love you.” Guilt over my earlier episode filled me. Thank God he hadn’t been there.

He laughed at me before taking my face in between his hands and wiping my tears. “I figured after the baby was born, you could put her picture in there.”

“Her?” I whispered.

He smiled slightly. “Or him.”--

--

No comments:

Post a Comment